The packing symbols that is applied on a cardboard box or shipping crates function as safety and handling guides so that during shipping the contents within are safeguarded. These packing symbols are used universally and are international shipping standards. Let’s look at a few of them!
Let’s take the above six packing symbols first.
- Keep in a Cool Place & Dry Place: Store the boxes and crates in a dry and well ventilated are
- Fragile: Contents may easily break, and could contain glassware, china, etc and should be handled carefully
- Handle with Care: Ensure that Boxes/Crates are not dropped as it may include fragile goods
- Avoid Heat and Moisture: Avoid storage in direct sunlight or exposure to water/wet conditions
- Keep Away from Water: Keep away from water/wet conditions
- Avoid Direct Contact with Floor: Avoid storing the items on the floor, instead use pallets
The following are six more packing symbols.
- This Side Up: Package needs to stored with that direction in mind
- Do Not Step On It: Avoid stepping/standing on box/crate
- Stack is 8 Identical Boxes: advisable stacking recommendations
- Stack Weight is 8kg: recommended stacking weight
- Do Not Stack: Avoid stacking for box/crate structural integrity
- Do Not Roll: Do not roll the box/crate when transporting
Our last six packing symbols are as follows.
- First In First Out: Package received first should be removed first and in that order
- Avoid Heat and Sunlight: Avoid keeping it in direct sunlight and heat exposure
- Avoid Strong Smell: Keep away from strong smelling fumes, such as petrol,etc
- Store at 25° C or Below: Store box/crate in recommended temperature parameters to ensure integrity of contents
- Do Not Use Hand Hook: Avoid using hand hook during opening of crates
- Do Not Use Blade: Avoid using blades when opening cardboard boxes
Keeping these packing symbols in mind when shipping & transporting, handling, and opening the respective packages will ensure safe passage for door-to-door delivery of goods.
At Transco Cargo, we are committed to ensuring that you are well informed and that we value your property just as our own. Please utilise these shipping and packing symbols when packing your own cardboard boxes and shipping crates in the future in order to safeguard the contents especially when shipping them overseas and when passing various agencies and hands.