Knowing the basics and important factors when moving goods in and out of a country can be beneficial, so we’ve put together a concise shipping guide for shipment that meant to travel to or from Australia. Whether it’s for personal reasons, such as sending a parcel overseas, documents, personal belongings or even excess luggage, to the commercial uses, from ecommerce business operations to massive business solutions, it’s important to factor in a few things.
One of the first steps is finding a reputed international shipping company, with Transco Cargo being reputed international freight forwarding and shipping company, we have you covered. Transco Cargo can undertake the task of carefully packing your belongings in the best way for safety and stability during transit. Once these are packed into shipping boxes or crates, it will be loaded into the shipping container securely.
By opting to have Transco Cargo wrap the items securely and pack them into the respective shipping box/crate, our expert shipping representatives will be able to also ensure that items that would be confiscated by the Australian Quarantine and Customs authorities will not be packed. It is important to not pack any item that can be confiscated or quarantined, as that will hold up the cargo. If you are shipping personal items, let’s say for a home relocation or move overseas (to Australia), ensuring that the likes of your vacuum, lawn mower or other garden tools are properly cleaned/disinfected and will pass the quarantine process.
The Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS) carried out stringent inspections to ensure that pests to not enter the local environment or agricultural industries. Thus, items of food, plants materials or animals need to be well disposed of before it is packed. As a shipping guide for shipments, we would be amiss if we did not inform you that as a general rule of thumb, you should avoid including foot items in your shipping container when sending cargo to Australia.
Another thing to note would be what goods should be declared. If you are packing your own items, make sure you have a notebook nearby so that you know what items you have packed and need to be declared for shipping. The following part of our shipping guide for shipments to Australian includes a list of items to declare.
- Animal Products – Including rawhide items (drums, handcraft items, shields, dog chews,) or treated hides, skins, furs hair or feathers
- Bamboo, Cane, Rattan Basket Ware/Mats – Including carved coconut items, and cane baskets/decorations
- Biscuits, Cakes and Confectionaries – Including chocolate items, sweets, crisps, nuts, pretzels
- Dried Fruits/Vegetables –
- Fresh/Dried Flowers – Including leis and fresh/dried floral arrangements
- Herbs and Spices (of any kind/variety) – Including herbal medicines and remedies, tonics and teas
- Noodles & Rice – Including processed and instant meals
- Plant Products – Including straw packaging, wooden articles (refer below), other artefacts, handcraft and curio items such as wreathes and cereal/grain decorations
- Seeds/Nuts – including seeds, seed ornaments, nuts (out of shell – which are roasted, salted)
- Teas, Coffees, and other Milk Based Drinking Products
- Wooden Products – Including lacquered and painted items
Get in touch with Transco Cargo, your reputed and friendly shipping partner. Stay tuned for more guides for shipments in the following weeks!