Need to send a parcel to Sri Lanka in a hurry? You have come to the right place. We understand your urgency and we guarantee that your goods will be delivered quickly and on time. Prior to sending your parcel via courier to Sri Lanka, it is important to ensure that your goods are packed safely and efficiently so that we may deliver your valued goods without damage. One of the common issues that we encounter is damaged goods due to poor packaging. We want our customers to be satisfied and ensure that your goods will reach Sri Lanka in perfect condition.
We have compiled some quick tips to help ensure that your items reach Sri Lanka in perfect condition. If followed correctly, we can minimise the hassle and ensure the safety of your parcels.
Keep the following general tips in mind when sending packing your goods to be shipped via courier.
- When packing in a shipping box, make sure to choose the right size. Under filled and overfilled boxes will result in your goods falling off due to lack of pressure or getting damaged due to too much pressure.
- If you are packing liquids in shipping boxes, make sure to seal the lids.
- Use quality cushioning such as polystyrene when packing fragile or plastic goods.
- Use arrow up labels for boxes containing fragile goods such as glass and porcelain.
- Wrap solid items in plastic separately to prevent smashing against other goods.
- Use heavy tape around edges of the boxes to prevent goods from falling off if the boxes get wet.
- When sending gifts, make sure they are packed in secure boxes/containers as consumer-ready gift packaging may not be suitable for international transport.
- Go easy on excess packing and tape as Customs Officers have full authority to examine packages if they deem necessary.
Golden Rules of Packing
- Check to see if addresses are written correctly. Make sure the details of the consignee is 100% accurate. Mistakes in the addresses could lead to miss-delivery of your parcels. Telephone numbers are optional but providing it could minimise any hassle if addresses are mentioned incorrectly.
- Safety! As we mentioned before, make sure to wrap all goods in plastic and bubble wrap- especially materials with sharp edges as they could damage the packing. Pack all fragile goods in polystyrene and Styrofoam. Make sure fragile goods don’t touch the sides of the boxes. Better be safe than sorry.
Our service agents can assist you with packing if you need it.
- Labelling your boxes is very important – especially if they contain fragile goods. This will make sure workers and porters will handle your parcels with care.
We can label your boxes for you, as long as you declare your contents to our service agents.
- Lastly, consult our service agents for any information you may require such as time periods, regulations and freight availability. Declare your contents accurately and inform us on any specific requirements.
After your goods are dispatched, we will provide you with a unique tracking number. You will be able to track the whereabouts of your goods on our website until they are delivered.
The Transco Cargo agents are at your disposal for any additional information you may require.